[Geany-Devel] Msys2 to compile on win32

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Sun Jun 14 15:16:23 UTC 2015

Am 14.06.2015 um 16:55 schrieb Thomas Martitz:
> Am 14.06.2015 um 16:48 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
>> At some point we had some discussion whether to use the same directory
>> on Windows as on Unix but I don't know the result.
>
> We do this already don't we (except for the renamed text files)?
>

>>> need to install to a special directory?
>> The current process (waf install + release.py + makensis) expects the
>> installation directory as a subdirectory of the source tree, e.g.
>> c:\git\geany\geany-1.25
>> where c:\git\geany is the source tree.
>>
>> But with a bit of adjusting path, any other directory should be possible
>> as well. Right now, release.py and geany.nsi just use relative paths. If
>> those are made absolute, it should work as well, I guess.
>>

> Good to know :) The wiki doesn't mention this. The waf configure line
> on the wiki has no prefix at all

Okay, I managed to create an installer for a Geany GTK3 build. \o/

Some additional observerations:
- must set prefix to $PWD/geany-1.25 (then make && make install)
- copy AUTHORS ChangeLog COPYING README NEWS THANKS TODO to geany-1.25
and rename to Authors.txt etc.
- copy geany.gtkrc to geany-1.25/data (doesn't seem to be installed
automatically)
- the installer wrongly reports that it ships GTK 2.24
- the installer geany lacks some icons
- the installer geany runs slow because gtk/glib spam a console window
with warnings like this "Gtk: Error loading icon 'image-missing' for
stock: Symbol Ä>>image-missing<<Ä nicht im Thema Adwaita enthalten"
(english: Symbol image-missing not contained in Adwaita theme)

Best regards