[Geany-Devel] Msys2 to compile on win32

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 14 15:15:02 UTC 2015

On 14/06/15 16:55, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 14.06.2015 um 16:48 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
>> At some point we had some discussion whether to use the same directory
>> on Windows as on Unix but I don't know the result.
>
> We do this already don't we (except for the renamed text files)?

I don't think so.
Just install the latest GIT snaphsot installer on Windows to try.
I didn't test it but I cannot remember to have reworked all the paths in
the past.

>>> need to install to a special directory?
>> The current process (waf install + release.py + makensis) expects the
>> installation directory as a subdirectory of the source tree, e.g.
>> c:\git\geany\geany-1.25
>> where c:\git\geany is the source tree.
>>
>> But with a bit of adjusting path, any other directory should be possible
>> as well. Right now, release.py and geany.nsi just use relative paths. If
>> those are made absolute, it should work as well, I guess.
>>

> Good to know :) The wiki doesn't mention this. The waf configure line on
> the wiki has no prefix at all

Because no prefix is not used at all.
As said, the current scripts expect the installation directory as
subdirectory of the source tree. This is what Waf does, what release.py
expects and what geany.nsi expects.