[Geany-Devel] Msys2 to compile on win32

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 14 11:59:40 UTC 2015

On 07/06/15 22:31, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Am 7. Juni 2015 17:53:36 MESZ, schrieb Yury Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>:
>> 05/29/15 12:00, Thomas Martitz пишет:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've successfully managed to build Geany on MSYS2, against both gtk2
>>> and gtk3. I've started to describe the steps on the wiki:
>>> https://wiki.geany.org/howtos/win32/msys2, however the page is not
>>> complete yet (but complete enough to produce a running geany).
>>
>> Actually I noticed that they even have Geany PKGBUILD in their
>> MSYS2-packages repository (https://github.com/Alexpux/MSYS2-packages).
>> was able to build and install it in without problems. This makes
>> setting
>> environment for working on plugins  in windows very easy.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Yury Siamashka
>
> Hey, this is cool. Now we only need to figure out how to create an installer.

Basically it is quite easy with the existing geany.nsi and the NSIS
package (Nullsoft Installer).

It only requires a Geany installation and a stripped down GTK tunetime
environment to be packed into the installer.
What this is, is documented at
http://wiki.geany.org/howtos/win32/build#create_a_stripped_down_gtk_runtime_environment.
Maybe we can adopt this to the self-compiled GTK environment.

I could work on this but would delay this a bit until past the 1.25
release. Simply to not break things before a release.