[Geany-Devel] Msys2 to compile on win32

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Sun Jun 14 12:21:53 UTC 2015

Am 14.06.2015 um 13:59 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> On 07/06/15 22:31, Thomas Martitz wrote:

>>> Actually I noticed that they even have Geany PKGBUILD in their
>>> MSYS2-packages repository (https://github.com/Alexpux/MSYS2-packages).
>>> was able to build and install it in without problems. This makes
>>> setting
>>> environment for working on plugins  in windows very easy.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Yury Siamashka
>> Hey, this is cool. Now we only need to figure out how to create an installer.
> Basically it is quite easy with the existing geany.nsi and the NSIS
> package (Nullsoft Installer).
>
> It only requires a Geany installation and a stripped down GTK tunetime
> environment to be packed into the installer.
> What this is, is documented at
> http://wiki.geany.org/howtos/win32/build#create_a_stripped_down_gtk_runtime_environment.
> Maybe we can adopt this to the self-compiled GTK environment.
>
> I could work on this but would delay this a bit until past the 1.25
> release. Simply to not break things before a release.
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Why do you say self-compiled GTK? It is readily packaged for msys, I
think we should be able to use that.

Even geany is packaged already, which is great for plugin developers to
test on Windows. It's not suitable for end-user distribution though, I'd
say, therefore we still want our own installer.

Best regards.