[Geany-Devel] pull request on GitHub, to add GeanyHighlightSelectedWords, into Geany Plugins

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Thu Jul 9 16:00:41 UTC 2015

On 07/08/2015 11:23 PM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Remember that plugin_set_key_group() can be called repeatedly. Calling
> it again will simply clear all existing keybindings, then you can
> start over again with keybindings_set_item().
>
> So it looks like this can be achieved with current Geany.

Thanks!  I'll take a look.
> Not sure I completely understood this, but this sounds very much like
> not a keybinding issue.
>
> The expected behavior is that ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab switch the
> notebook page of whatever notebook their are in (the inner-most
> notebook in case of nested ones - this is sometimes inconvinient).
>
> So if the sidebar is focussed, then ctrl+tab will switch pages in the
> sidebar.
>
> But I don't fully understand what's the problem with this here. Where
> is this field you want to focus, is it not part of the youor sidebar
> panel?
The components are within the notebook, but I want to change the default
component that is in focus when the tab is selected.  For example, in
external-tools, I was setting the read-only textarea as focused, so you
can highlight the output with the cursor via the keyboard without having
to tab into that component first.
> I agree this button would make some sense in the configuration dialog.
How about adding the button along the bottom of the dialog (to the left
of where it says "Apply", "Cancel", "OK"), and just having it take you
to the currently selected plugin's shortcuts?

Thanks,

Steve