[Geany-Devel] pull request on GitHub, to add GeanyHighlightSelectedWords, into Geany Plugins

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Thu Jul 9 17:48:23 UTC 2015

Am 09.07.2015 um 18:00 schrieb Steven Blatnick:

> On 07/08/2015 11:23 PM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
>> Remember that plugin_set_key_group() can be called repeatedly.
>> Calling it again will simply clear all existing keybindings, then you
>> can start over again with keybindings_set_item().
>>
>> So it looks like this can be achieved with current Geany.
>>
> Thanks!  I'll take a look.
>> Not sure I completely understood this, but this sounds very much like
>> not a keybinding issue.
>>
>> The expected behavior is that ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab switch the
>> notebook page of whatever notebook their are in (the inner-most
>> notebook in case of nested ones - this is sometimes inconvinient).
>>
>> So if the sidebar is focussed, then ctrl+tab will switch pages in the
>> sidebar.
>>
>> But I don't fully understand what's the problem with this here. Where
>> is this field you want to focus, is it not part of the youor sidebar
>> panel?
> The components are within the notebook, but I want to change the
> default component that is in focus when the tab is selected.  For
> example, in external-tools, I was setting the read-only textarea as
> focused, so you can highlight the output with the cursor via the
> keyboard without having to tab into that component first.

So how you propagate the focus is entirely up to you as you control the
panel, I don't see why you need to mess with the keybindings.

Did you try gtk_container_set_focus_child() on notebook child?

Best regards