[Geany-Devel] [geany/geany-plugins] 73ae49: waf: Fix the checks for openpty() on FreeBSD

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat Apr 25 12:27:50 UTC 2015

On 19.4.2015 г. 16:43, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> On 17/04/15 21:42, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
>>
>> Alright, I finally got it.
>> To whoever might be interested:
>>
>> 1. The default theme for gtk+ 2.24 under Windows has been changed [...]
>>
>> 2. The horizontal (only) notebook tabs backgrounds under "MS-Windows" is
>> unchangeable with any gtkrc settings. [...]
>
> So, how do we want to proceed?

Warn the users that the default theme has been changed, and they need
gtk-theme-name = "Raleigh" in etc/gtkrc to get the previous behavior
(unless they already have set a theme, in which case there will be no
difference). Using .gtkrc-2.0 in their home path will also work, for the
people who prefer/need to run Win~1 as a regular user.

> Provided that Thomas' underline trick works with the MS-Windows theme,
> we could maybe add this to the Wiki by providing a copy&paste ready
> gtkrc snippet for Windows users who want to a better visual indication
> of the active tab?

That would be nice, I have seen editors under Win~1 providing bold as an
option for the active tab. However, I don't know a way to address the
editor notebook specifically under gtk+ 2, without affecting the sidebar
(and any other notebooks at the same hierarchy level). Setting the
editor notebook widget name to "GeanyEditorNotebook" does the trick, but
breaks compatibility: the current

widget "GeanyMainWindow.GtkVBox.GtkVPaned.GtkHPaned.GtkNotebook*"

addressing does not match GeanyEditorNotebook any more.

So, instead of setting the widget name in Geany, it may be better to
write a small plugin that ui_lookups for specified widget id-s, and sets
their widget names. That'll make every single geany.glade widget
addressable, and let the user decide on what (s)he wants.

--
E-gards: Jimmy