[Geany-Devel] [geany/geany-plugins] 73ae49: waf: Fix the checks for openpty() on FreeBSD

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 19 13:43:25 UTC 2015

On 17/04/15 21:42, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> On 16.4.2015 г. 23:36, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>
>> I can't seem to really change the colors when using the "MS-Windows"
>> theme, but I guess it's kinda expected some things aren't really
>> overridable with a "native" theme that uses the Windows theming API or
>> something.
>
> But the vertical tabs still respect bg[ACTIVE]. Gee...
>
>> However, using "Raleigh" (the one you seem to use given the look) it's
>> relatively easy (well, not to guess what to change, but to change it).
>> [...]
>
> Alright, I finally got it.
> To whoever might be interested:
>
> 1. The default theme for gtk+ 2.24 under Windows has been changed to
> "MS-Windows". Raleigh/gtk-2.0/gtkrc still says "This theme is the
> default theme if no other theme is selected", but that's wrong. The
> bundle README still contains instructions on how to set the theme to
> "MS-Windows", which is now unneeded - it would have been better if they
> changed it with "how to set Raleigh if you want the previous look".
>
> 2. The horizontal (only) notebook tabs backgrounds under "MS-Windows" is
> unchangeable with any gtkrc settings. That applies to 2.24, _2.22_, and
> probably the previous versions. The backgrounds are taken from the
> Windows theme, but seem to ignore the settings in Display -> Appearance
> -> Advanced, or there might be no appropriate setting. And on XP, that
> may be dependent on Appearance -> Windows XP style vs. Windows Classic
> style.
>
> Thanks to everyone in the mailing list who was willing to help.
> It was a waste of time, but at least if someone in the users list
> complains, we know the answer.
>
> (At some point, I changed the theme to "Emacs" - but only under 2.22, to
> see how it looks. Have I done that under 2.24, this thread would have
> been much shorter.)

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

So, how do we want to proceed?

Provided that Thomas' underline trick works with the MS-Windows theme,
we could maybe add this to the Wiki by providing a copy&paste ready
gtkrc snippet for Windows users who want to a better visual indication
of the active tab?

That would be cleaner and easier than a new preference just for the
underlining.