[Geany-Devel] [geany/geany-plugins] 73ae49: waf: Fix the checks for openpty() on FreeBSD

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Apr 16 17:15:17 UTC 2015

On 16.4.2015 г. 14:41, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 15/04/2015 19:15, Dimitar Zhekov a écrit :
>> That's exactly what I'm talking about. The white horizontal line, which
>> normally gives nice outline [vertical_tabs], but is almost lost [...]
>> the white editor background, combined with the identical unchangeable
>> background for the tabs. Not completely indistinguishable, but much
>> worse than 2.22, and hard on many tabs.
>
> FWIW I get the real Windows GTK theme straight out of the GTK2 bundle (
> no modification, no nothing, for some reason I didn't even have to set
> it), and it has a clear separation of the current tab (and feels more
> native/less ugly).

Huh... What version of gtk+ is this? I was unable to set the tabs
background to anything different than the default gray using .gtkrc-2.0,
but maybe it takes the background color(s) from some element(s) of the
Windows theme, or the rendering is different depending on the Windows
version.

> Wouldn't this address your issue? (even better than avoiding using GTK
> 2.24 altogether) Or do you have another problem with the integrated theme?

The problem is, it doesn't look much different than the Enrico's
example, no matter the theme, though I have not tested extensively under
7even. Well, if XP is the problem, I wonder how it'll look under 10? I
plan it as my next Windows version.

If that's really dependent on the Windows version, it can break any
moment, and I'd prefer the ability (mentioned by Thomas) to have an
option for underlining the current tab text (or bold / italic it).

Or should I get the heavy guns and write a plugin that displays line(s)
of styled buttons that behave as tabs? The default tabs can be hidden in
the interface preferences.

BTW, having tabs on the left/right "solves" the problem, since the
background color *is* applied to the vertical tabs. But that would be a
bit unusual recommendation for all Win~1 users...

--
E-gards: Jimmy