[Geany-Devel] Linkage-Cleanup Build System Breakage

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Nov 9 15:15:59 UTC 2014

On 29/10/14 16:17, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 29/10/2014 06:48, Matthew Brush a écrit :
>> On 14-10-26 04:16 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>>> […]
>>> I don't use autotools based cross-compilation.
>>>

>> I had a try at this for a while and after a number of changes it's
>> almost working. I got past the build system, compiler, and linker
>> problems, […]
>
> FWIW I pushed the changes I did myself (hey ;) to
> https://github.com/b4n/geany/commits/wip/autotools-mingw-cross just in
> case it can be of some use.
>
> Enrico: would the change on geany_private.rc from
> https://github.com/b4n/geany/commit/a24d9217c3dfb959b4138fe3bffd871d9dc88ba4
> break Waf or something else?  (yes, I could check by running a VM, but I
> can also ask first :)

I tested it on my VM and assumed it would break the build but
surprisingly it does not.
I don't know why but at least with Waf, using icons/geany.ico works as
well as ../icons/geany.ico. I cannot really explain it but your change
doesn't break the build.