[Geany-Devel] Submit a pull request from outside github (to geanyprj plugin)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Nov 8 01:48:52 UTC 2014

On 14-11-07 04:01 PM, Anthony Loiseau wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I "forked" geany-plugin git repository in bitbucket to work on geanyprj
> plugin and add it filtering capability in the project file listing. As an
> example, with this contribution one is able to fast-find unit-test makefile
> by typing "unit test make" in a new filter input box or directly when file
> listing is focused.
>
> I appears that github does not offers to create pull requests from such
> forks. Which procedure do you like contributors to follow in such case?
> Should I create a github account and push on it?

It makes it easier for everyone if you do, well except for you having to
initially sign up and press the button to make a fork, of course :)
After that it's very easy, since it looks like you're already using Git
(just add a remote for and push PR branch to GH repo).

> Note: my fork is available through this link:
> https://bitbucket.org/Thannoy/fork-geany-plugins

You could use `git format-patch` and send the patches on the mailing
list, but this risks them getting lost/forgotten and it makes it less
convenient (IMO) to review/discuss/merge them.

I think there's some related info in the `HACKING` file also.