[Geany-Devel] Another set of Plugin API questions

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon May 26 00:19:09 UTC 2014

On 14-05-25 04:38 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> [snip]
> And my final question: do we support individual includes of Geany's
> headers that were available? For example, if someone, for some crazy
> reason wanted to move `struct GeanyDocument` to `document-blah.h` (fake
> example), is it a plugin bug if they directly included "document.h"
> where this type was previously, or is it an API bug because we moved the
> type to another file, even though we added an and include for the new
> header inside the central include file `geanyplugin.h`?

For a real life example of this, consider this comment from the recent
`header-cleanup` merge:

https://github.com/geany/geany/commit/4efcbab33234d13a7c6d1dea2901535d9317e4e1#diff-b0d9f5f851974f08ac7c7bd620163687R28

And the likewise patch/PR for the plugin in GP:

https://github.com/codebrainz/geany-plugins/commit/307880c0778e27d191305ec6c68355af2512d1d4

In this case I moved `GeanyApp` which was in `geany.h` (which was
exposed to plugins via `geanyplugin.h`) to `app.h` of its own, but it
broke GeanyLua that included all the stuff that `geanyplugin.h` would've
provided it, individually.

Is this a plugin bug or a public API break/bug?