[Geany-Devel] Strange segfault while replacing autoclose.so plugin library

Pavel Roschin roshin at xxxxx
Thu May 1 19:26:35 UTC 2014

I often rebuild my plugin to test it and replace old version of library with
just compiled library object. But Geany crashes after that in first touch.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Copy autoclose.so into ~/.config/geany/plugins
2. Open Geany
3. Copy autoclose.so into ~/.config/geany/plugins again
4. Focus on Geany
5. You're gonna the crash!

Note you *shouldn't* even re-compile plugin or something.

This is a backtrace:
https://gist.github.com/scriptum/657dd4057c8de2d86fb1

As you see, a crash comes from my plugin. I don't check variables against NULL
and I'm doint it intentionally assuming that Geany never sends NULL in events.
But actually it crashes at static variable access:
	if (!ac_info->jump_on_tab)
		return;

Here strace report, not very interesting:
https://gist.github.com/scriptum/e24388dd676e5717bb42

--
Best regards,
Pavel Roschin aka RPG