[Geany-Devel] Broken download link for c++'s tags

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu May 1 02:16:43 UTC 2014

On 14-04-30 05:17 PM, Frodox wrote:
> There is a broken link on [tags-page] page:
>
> -> Download all C++ tag files. It leads to [tags-cpp-dl]
> but the script says "Unknown language 'cpp' specified, please use one of:.., c++, ..."
>
> If you try to load http://wiki.geany.org/get_tags?language=c++
> the answer will be unexpected ( Unknown language 'c ' specified ), because
> "plus sign" in URI has special meaning.

I just edited the page to change the `++` to `%2B%2B`, seems to work
fine now.

> -> Also, there is a big list of "known languages", like
> cmake, po, pascal, lisp and so on, on [tags-cpp-dl] page,
> which are not mention on [tags-page], but tags which can be successfully downloaded
> (except c# language, due to special meaning of '#').
> Is it a bug or a feature... or a Easter egg? :)

The script that does the downloads packaging stuff supports all those
filetypes (IIRC just the list of Geany ones at the time), so if someone
adds new tags to the tags page using correct name in URL they can
benefit from the tarball builder script too.