[Geany-Devel] Geany with gtk+ 3.6.4 under Windows

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat Jun 21 09:48:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

Some more informatin on $subject and related topics.

--

At the time when gtk_widget_get_window(main_widgets.window) is invoked,
there is indeed no main window (GetActionWindow() returns NULL).

Since this is about reopening files on startup, their shortcuts, if
any, were already resolved when the files were open in the first place.
The right thing to do is probably instruct document_open_file_full()
not resolve them again.

--

There are lots of warnings about implicit declaration of function
'win32_...', probably a result of "include what you use" (and not

--

With gtk+3, pressing "down" to scroll in a source file gives CPU usage
of 50% (that is, 100% on a single cores), and the scrolling is a bit

--

With gtk+3, when I have a selected tree view row in an unfocused tree
view, it's displayed in gray as usual (with the default theme), but

--

The plugins do not build with the latest Geany, due to a bug in Geany
wscript: 'localedir': '${datarootdir/locale' is missing "}".

--

I wrote simple gtk+3 support for geany plugins wscript, but have only
tested it under windows so far, not linux.

--

Scope does not currently build with gtk+3; I wrote a fix and will send
it when I can [1]. GtkTextView works without problems, so the blocking

--

[1] Last, there was a large storm at my town (g:varna flood), and the
internet is unstable, so I'll probably use mail only for a few days,

--
E-gards: Jimmy