[Geany-Devel] Why smart indentation is so stupid?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Jul 28 15:25:05 UTC 2014

Le 28/07/2014 17:18, Steven Blatnick a écrit :
> I agree that I like "smart indentation", although it does seem to do one
> thing that I didn't expect: auto-indent and unindent on curly braces.
> I'm more used to just preserving the previous line's indentation without
> special casing curly braces.  Anybody know if there is a way to just get
> flat indentation without this special case?

You mean auto-indentation upon typing, right?  AFAIK, the OP talked
about the *Edit->Format->Smart Line Indent* feature instead.

Anyway, to have the auto-indentation do what you ask (e.g. be dumber :))
go in the preferences to *Editor->Indentation* and set *Auto-indent
mode* to *Basic*.

Regards,
Colomban