[Geany-Devel] Any votes for a "Project-Tree" plugin?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Apr 18 00:13:41 UTC 2014

On 14-04-17 04:43 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Am 17.04.2014 13:40, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>>>
>>> Maybe you can spread it a little? Maybe we could add at least some to
>>> g-p project? Matthew ... how would be the best way doing this btw?
>>
>> I just said to Oly on IRC:
>>
>> Frank would get heartburn trying to figure out how to manage Geanypy
>> plugins in geany-plugins :)
>

> ;)
>
> Well.... yepp... Maybe not direct ading to geany-plugins, but having a
> good way to distribute them. I think _RPG_ was also asking for something
> like that earlier.

Autotools has support for Python built-in, likely all that's needed is
to somehow declare a dependency in the make file that each Python plugin
depends on libgeanypy.la.

In normal Automake, it might look like this for a plugin "foo":

     fooplugin_PYTHON = foo.py bar.py etc.py
     fooplugindir = $(pkgdatadir)/geanypy/plugins
     #fooplugin_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/geanypy/src/libgeanypy.la

I'm not sure about the last line, but presumably there's a way in
Automake to say "these files depend on that other file, install them both".