[Geany-Devel] Any votes for a "Project-Tree" plugin?

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Fri Apr 18 08:13:17 UTC 2014

Am 17.04.2014 13:40, schrieb Lex Trotman:
> On 17 April 2014 21:17, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
>> Am 17.04.2014 12:59, schrieb Oly:
>>> yeah, i also have a snippet plugin and a python code checker plugin on my
>>> launchpad and there is a ppa for them as well, i am just not that good at
>>> promoting them, i just use them for work :)
>> Maybe you can spread it a little? Maybe we could add at least some to
>> g-p project? Matthew ... how would be the best way doing this btw?
> I just said to Oly on IRC:
>
> Frank would get heartburn trying to figure out how to manage Geanypy
> plugins in geany-plugins :)
>
> Cheers
> Lex

The root problem is that geanypy is a plugin at all!

The support for non-C plugins should be in the core as well, then Python
(and others languages) plugins can be first-class-citizens in all
aspects that are problematic right now:
  * Distribution within geany-plugins
  * Adding Keybinding to geany
  * Listing plugins

Really, if the core is hesitant to large changes, then it should at
least do as best as possible to support plugins which implement these
changes. It's the core's job to provide the best experience for plugin
developers.

Best regards