[Geany-Devel] Interested making a patch to add QML support

Tory Gaurnier torygaurnier at xxxxx
Thu Sep 19 22:07:20 UTC 2013

On 09/19/2013 12:03 AM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 13-09-18 06:27 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
>> On 19 September 2013 09:35, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Have you tried to see if the javascript lexer and parser work well
>>> enough
>>> for QML? its supposed to be based on js.
>>>

>> Looks like the js lexer works ok, but the parser simply treats QML
>> constructs as data and skips them, oh well.
>>
>> Not sure how easy a regex parser will be, IIUC QML symbols are
>> specified as
>> the id: property inside the object, meaning you need to handle nested
>> context.
>>

> I guess you'd have to recognize first an "anonymous" declaration and
> then if you see "id:" pattern then set the (likely global variable)
> name, otherwise leave as anonymous. I don't think there's requirement
> to give declarations a name in QML, IIRC.
>
> That being said, my recollection of QML is coming back and I think it
> can actually embed many valid JavaScript expressions inline, so it
> might not be as easy as I initially figured: Caveat scriptor.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew Brush
Ok, so far creating the source is pretty easy, I decided to just go with
character parsing instead of regex (I've created a function that should
theoretically create tags for the javascript functions in the QML file),
but I'm at a point where I need to test it (once I have the javascript
functions down I'll add a function for QML objects).

So, the issue now is I can't really figure out how to build CTags, from
what I could figure out it seems I need to run the configure script to
add values to the Makefile.in, then run make -f Makefile.in, but that
doesn't seem to work, and there are no instructions that I can find on
building, I've checked the Readme, and the FAQ. Have any of you guys
built CTags before and can point me in the right direction???