[Geany-Devel] Let's move to C++98 - Re: Lets move to C99

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Sep 5 09:42:57 UTC 2013

On 05/09/2013 10:26, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> Also even if there were more C++ programmers, it would still be much
> easier for a C++ programmer to write C than vice versa.

Here I meant *idiomatic* (STL-heavy) C++. Some features e.g. references
are well known to programmers of other languages and IMO simple to learn
and understand. I think using a dynamic string type is also well
understood by modern programmers. Even if we just used those two things,
I think it would be worth starting to use some C++.