[Geany-Devel] [geany/geany-plugins] 6c2b0c: Debugger: Prevent crash when re-loading plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Sep 1 20:20:56 UTC 2013

On 13-09-01 01:15 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 13-09-01 10:57 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
>> On Sat, 31 Aug 2013 20:33:50 -0000
>> Matthew Brush <git-noreply at geany.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Debugger provides own GtkCellRenderer GTypes so its module must
>>> remain resident
>>>
>>> +    plugin_module_make_resident(geany_plugin);
>>> +
>>
>> Note that when a resident module is unloaded and then reloaded (uncheck
>> then check [] Debugger), the global variables are not re-initialized.
>>
>> So, if debugger contains any global "[static] type variable = value",
>> or relies on globals being 0, they must be initialized explicitly.
>>

> Thanks for mentioning, I'll check. [...]

OK, I checked, it uses lots of global variables. If Alexander would like
to very that they are properly re-initialized that would be great, I was
just fixing a crasher I noticed, feel free to revert and fix another way.