[Geany-Devel] Ping on Bug #943 - windows build command

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Oct 17 18:43:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 10:04:11 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 October 2013 06:08, Thomas Martitz <
> thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
>
> > Am 16.10.2013 21:04, schrieb Dimitar Zhekov:
> >
> >> What remains, without going too deep, is a modal dialog. Annoying, of
> >> course, but with the benefit that you can easily stop a bad process.
> >
> > I may have missed it but why have it blocking if async spawn now works?
> > The current build process (on Linux) doesn't block either.
>
> I think Dimitar is talking about for tools use where the results of the
> command are pasted to the buffer, so the existence of the buffer and the
> selection should not change while the command is running.

Exactly.

I'm a bit sick and overworked now, so here's an incomplete patch.
When sending the current selection to a custom command, please don't
close or modify the document - best of all, wait for the command to
complete. Everything else should work, though it's not pretty.

The utils_set_up_io_channel() macro will be removed, and
utils_setup_io_channel() will remain, without cond (::= G_IO_IN |
G_IO_PRI | G_IO_ERR | G_IO_HUP | G_IO_NVAL) and nblock (::= TRUE).

I don't care about the names of the new structure and functions.
Once this thing is complete and working, rename them as you see fit.

--
E-gards: Jimmy