[Geany-Devel] Drop GtkStock and use symbolic icons

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Fri Oct 11 17:28:04 UTC 2013

Regarding the rants like this one:

On 10/10/2013 05:43 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> I guess I'll never understand UI designer's POV apart
> that they love removing useful stuff because they think users a so duuuumb).

And this one:

On 10/10/2013 06:18 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:

> What's more, it's not just "stock items" affected, if you look at the
> Git log, it's actually about 25-50 different incidental APIs that got
> deprecated by him without any prior public/open discussion or
> thoughtfulness on the amount of work, breakage and crappy code that it
> would introduce, or the fact that most GTK+[1] applications are not
> part of the GNOME project.
Anybody know what is wrong with the Gnome designers lately?  Did they
have a massive change in management or turnover in maintainers?

It seems strange to me they appear to be trying to piss off their main
constituents in favor of tablet users.

So one guy is wreaking this havoc?

I'm just curious if any of you guys know the back story on this, because
I'd be interested in knowing why I've had to go through all these pains
lately.

Thanks,

Steve