[Geany-Devel] Interested making a patch to add QML support

Tory Gaurnier tory.gaurnier at xxxxx
Tue Oct 8 08:55:31 UTC 2013

On 10/05/2013 05:12 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:

> On 6 October 2013 01:25, Tory Gaurnier <tory.gaurnier at linuxmail.org
> <mailto:tory.gaurnier at linuxmail.org>> wrote:
>
>     Just thought I'd give everyone an update, it's still coming along,
>     I have the tree view in the symbol list working as expected (it
>     was easier than I thought, I was overcomplicating it at first),
>     right now I'm working on cleaning up my code, and optimizing
>     certain things.
>
>     I would be done by now if I wasn't working so much, but I should
>     have QML support finished within the next few days (if I have the
>     time I'll get it finished tonight). Then I'll be ready to submit
>     my work to ctags, and Geany.
>

> One thing you could do to assist is to make a test suite for the tag
> parser, see the preliminary ones Colomban has been adding.  Another
> thing is to see if you can get others to use and comment on the
> filetype.  There is some reluctance to commit new filetypes for
> languages that the Geany devs don't know, because of the effort
> required to learn the language to tell if the colouring and symbology
> make sense.  Having more than one user of the filetype makes it more
> likely that it will be "just accepted".
>
> Cheers
> Lex

Not sure what you mean by test suite, I've uploaded it to github (
https://github.com/tgaurnier/geany/), and would love for people to test
it, it seems to be fairly bug free now, there's things I still want to
fix, but when using correct QML syntax it seems to be pretty flawless
now (at least from the testing I've done).

Could you maybe shoot me a link of one of the test suites from Colomban
you're refering to?