[Geany-Devel] A direction for Geany

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Nov 16 01:54:10 UTC 2013

[...]

> > 4. depending on the outcome from 3. use a new repository organisation or
> > at least a new branch in the existing Geany repo to ensure that the
> > existing Geany is not destabilised by major changes as they take place.
>
> New branch is necessary -- in a separate repo or not.  New repository
> without a new branch basically means a fork, and I guess Geany can't
> really afford that :)

Just to be clear, I meant another repo under the Geany organisation, since
I suspect there will be more than one branch involved in getting to
wherever we decide we want to end up and so it might get a bit messy if its
all in the main repository.  But it really depends on the what we end up
deciding.

> [...]
>

> Regards,
> Colomban
>

> [1] Though, one could hope that structured goals could attract more
> contributors, since they'd have something concrete they could help build
> -- as opposed to the usual "pick something you care about", it'd be
> "there's some things to do, help if you care to".

That was indeed one of my thoughts :)