[Geany-Devel] Wish for Wishlist and bug in Homepage

theUser BL theuserbl at xxxxx
Tue Nov 12 08:26:19 UTC 2013

I want to say, that it would be nice, if a DocumentMap/MiniMap would be added to Geany. Please add it to the Wishlist on your side.

Notepad++ have something called "Document Map":
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/assets/images/docMap.png

Sublime Text have something called "MiniMap":
http://www.sublimetext.com/screenshots/new_theme_large.png

Since some time, Kate have a MiniMap, too:
http://kate-editor.org/2012/11/03/busy-katekdevelop-sprint-results-in-mini-map/

All three have a line, where with very small fonts a bigger part of the document is shown and the current visible part of the Textarea have a colored background in the map.

But they differ in additional functionality of it.
Where Sublime Text only shows the MiniMap, Kate on the other side, can replace the scrollbar with it. And on Notepad++ it is a mix between the two. The scrollbar is still there, but you can click in parts of the Document Map, to jump to that position.

An additional point I want to mention, is a bug in your Webside-software.
As I wanted to add this wish to the wishlist, I clicked at the bottom of the page on "edit this page" of the line "(If you have another idea/wish which should be listed here, edit this page)".
Then it asks for a username and password. Because I don't have an account for it, and I find no place to register, I have somewhat input. After that it shows be an empty page and Geany.org was no longer available.
I thought, it would be an coincidental/hazard/fortuity/hap, that that happens.
But now there was again Geany.org reachable, then I tried it again. And again the Geany-side was after that down. :-(

So please update your Geany homepage software. Or it is really a very big coincidental/hazard/fortuity/hap, that in two times the Geany side goes in that time down, I tried to login there.

Greatings
theuserbl