[Geany-Devel] A direction for Geany

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Fri Nov 15 14:13:45 UTC 2013

Le 12/11/2013 00:11, Yosef Or Boczko a écrit :
> As Matthew say, we can to go use the modern GTK+ API,
> for GtkApplication, GSettings and more, and I offer to go

GtkApplication and GSettings don't change the UI in any way really, they
just help you built you app.  And I certainly quite like both [1].

[1] *Not* saying we absolutely should use them or not in Geany Matthew,
don't get too excited ;)

> also to the GtkHeaderBar, it realy good thing.
>
> [1] https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.10/GtkHeaderBar.html

This, however, is a display widget.  And honestly, I have absolutely no
idea how it'd make something better/good/anything -- nor exactly what UI
concept it's supposed to achieve even.

So no, "using widget W" don't seem to be a good idea to me.  "Improving
UI at place P, and widget W would be a perfect match for it", why not.

Regards,
Colomban