[Geany-Devel] A direction for Geany

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Nov 11 23:35:51 UTC 2013

On 13-11-11 03:11 PM, Yosef Or Boczko wrote:
> As a GNOME 3 user, I realy like the recent design of
> the applications in GNOME, specify the GtkHeaderBar[1].
>
> And yes, I know have some people not like the new design of
> GNOME.
>
> As Matthew say, we can to go use the modern GTK+ API,
> for GtkApplication, GSettings and more, and I offer to go
> also to the GtkHeaderBar, it realy good thing.

Yes, we shouldn't avoid embracing/using our GUI toolkit to its fullest
just because people dislike the most famous desktop environment that
uses it. If we're never going to fully embrace it to avoid "gnoming
things up", then we should switch to a different toolkit that everyone
feels comfortable with and fully embrace that. The toolkit we use
shouldn't be a political/emotional issue but rather technical.