[Geany-Devel] Screenshots in user manual

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Mar 3 14:42:18 UTC 2013

Hey,

>>> Will "we" remember?  I won't.
>>>

>> IGRC[1] Enrico usually re-does the screenshots at release time, using
>
> As Colomban said, that's the way how it went so far.
> A year or a bit more ago, we discussed how to proceed with updating
> screenshots when preparing releases. I don't remember what was the
> result but the mailing list archives surely will remember.
> I don't mind to continue updating the screenshots in preparation of a
> release. But don't take this as I want to stick with the red theme, I'd
> be also fine with using something more neutrally.

since we are close to a new release, this topic comes back to my mind.

AFAIK we still don't have a general resolution on this, do we?

I'd suggest we use a default installation of one of the major
distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora) and make the screenshots with
their default theme (Xfce or Gnome?).

While at it, we could also update the screenshots on the website, which
are dated from 2010, Geany 0.19 :).

What do you think?

(<dreaming>We could even put a Qemu-KVM image of that installation on
the server so everybody could take the screenshots by downloading and
starting the image.</dreaming>)