[Geany-Devel] Geany 1.23 Waf install under win32

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 16 13:59:14 UTC 2013

On 06/16/13 15:11, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> Matthew Brush <notifications at github.com> wrote:
>
>> @elextr FWIW, the files `makefile.win32` and `win32env.mk` (and geanypy.nsis for the installer and README.win32 for the instructions) are needed for `src/makefile.win32` to be useful.
>>
>> @eht16 Any chance you could get some time to try getting the Waf build system working so it can be built on Windows?
>
> Taking cause from Geanypy, there are 2 small problems with $subject:
>
> - no header fiels are installed, or maybe they are copied somewhere
> outside the $prefix. Copying the headers manually is OK.

This is on purpose.
For development, I use a custom script to copy the headers. However, we
could add a custom action to Waf to copy/install the headers somewhere.
The question is where is 'somewhere' on Windows?
IMO it doesn't make any sense to install the headers by default into the
resulting directory, as this is usually used to create a release
installer and this doesn't need headers.

Would be a custom build action and maybe a destination path argument
helpful?

Btw, the geany.pc is also not installed, so probably this should be done
in the same custom action.

> - geany.pc contains paths with single backslashes, and plugins build
> fails with "c:path1path2...: no such file or directory". Replacing
> with forward slashes works. All other .pc files I've checked under
> win32 use forward slashes.

Are these paths used at all on Windows? At least for me the generated
.pc file worked fine so far.