[Geany-Devel] Adding a plugin

Roger Booth rbooth at xxxxx
Sun Jun 9 11:27:01 UTC 2013

On 06/09/2013 03:47 AM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> [...]
>
>     Sorry, but I didn't understand exactly what you were attempting to
>     demonstrate in your example.
>     Please take pity on an admitted moron here and expand a bit on
>     what is going on in the example.
>
>     Main questions:
>         where does the magic number 211 come from?
>     GEANY_VERSION_CHECK(211...)
>             Lex says we're supposed to use API numbers, like 0.19.
>     Please, as a demo, convert that to an int.
>             When I try, I get zero. But, like I said, I'm a moron.
>

> Ahhh, theres the confusion, API numbers are not version numbers,
> version numbers can be all over the place, 1.23, 1.23.1 etc.  API
> numbers are nice numbers that simply increase whenever something is
> chnaged in the API, currently the numbers are in the 2xx region, or
> for the experimental GTK3 version of Geany 3xx.
>
> The current git geany has an API of 216, the API versions for releases
> are given in the table inthe wiki.
>
> Cheers
> Lex

Do you mean

http://wiki.geany.org/plugins/development/api-versions?s[]=api

Well, if so, it would have helped this moron to expand just a bit *in
the docs* on the differences between version and api and to include a
link *in the docs* to the above wiki, once the poor sods know what they
are looking at.

But like I say, I'm just a moron.