[Geany-Devel] Lua script idea: vim overlay

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Thu Feb 7 08:01:16 UTC 2013

Am 2013-02-07 04:21, schrieb Thrawn:
>> Maybe you like to have a look at commander-plugin which already
>> might is
>> a good starting point.
>
> Possibly, and thanks for the pointer, but I'm not really aiming to
> produce a full plugin. Lua scripts are much quicker and easier :).
> One
> file, no compilation, just save to a directory and run them.

OK. This is fine with me.

>> Personally I doubt the lua-plugin is a good base
>> for such a feature as it's nearly unmaintained since some time.
>
> Hmm...thanks for the tip. As far as I can tell, though, the Lua
> plugin still works fine, whether it's maintained or not. I've
> produced
> several scripts in it.

But we cannot assure it will in future as there is no real maintainer.
Personally I was already thinking of removing the plugin btw.

> Either way, do you think that a vim overlay would be useful (to
> some)?

As old tall tell there is also kind of a vim mode in emacs, there is
for sure somebody who think its useful. But this being said: I expect
here you will open Pandoras box. There will be people outside - lot of
people - that will ask "why is :foobaa not supported".

Cheers,
Frank