[Geany-Devel] small bug in utils_strtod()

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Dec 1 22:45:04 UTC 2013

On 13-12-01 01:26 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> **gint** utils_strtod()??  Sheesh.
>
> s/b renamed utils_hexcolor() or similar, thats what it does.
>
> As for "end", the original strtod() and friends used it to extract several
> whitespace separated strings from the one string by just passing "end" to
> the next call, but if we don't use it and its wrong anyways we might as
> well drop it when we change the name to utils_hexcolor().

Agree the name is bad, and also the colour parsing isn't very robust. I
meant to improve it when adding the named_colors support but never got
around to it.

Attached patch uses GDK colour parsing instead of own-rolled thing which
supports more colour specification formats as well as cleans up some
related code while remaining compatible with legacy colour notation and
GTK2 and GTK3 builds.

If nobody objects, I can commit the patch.