[Geany-Devel] Don't pop-up messages/steal focus when in terminal

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Apr 17 11:31:37 UTC 2013

On 17 April 2013 20:40, Harold Aling <geany at sait.nl> wrote:

> I use the terminal emulator in Geany mainly for Git-commands and Drush.
>
> When pulling the work from collegues using Git, geany pops up a file
> changed, or deleted warning for all changed or deleted open files
> which steals focus from the terminal, often right before I press
> 'enter' to execute a commend, resulting in Geany using the default
> action for that popup, which I then have to figure out what has
> happend.
>
> Is it possible to suppress these popups when the terminal has focus?

The disk status is checked on keypresses (but only once every 30s no matter
how fast you type :)

This means that we can tell that the user is interacting with Geany and so
stops us popping those dialogs over other apps.  But unfortunately the
keypress code is independent of any window.  It might be possible to check
if the VTE is focussed and hold off the file check.  It would be a little
tricky since the VTE widget may not exist, but with care it could be done.

It just needs "someone" to do it :)