[Geany-Devel] Proposal from the Mint distro

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:20:26 UTC 2012

Joining in a bit late..

To start with, I think that a 'geany --light' and accompanying
*.desktop entries would be an excellent and low-cost addition to
Geany.

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
>> I have no problems with it and I'd be willing to help out with
>> implementing the "simplified mode" since it's something I've been thinking
>> about before.

If you ever go ahead to tackle this, would the resulting light mode
effectively remove the need for a new release of Mousepad? I remember
that you did some work on it, but that you didn't get up to a release.

> I'd mark it as a "Pending" feature request with NEEDINFO status :)

I think that best in this case would be to come up with a
minimal-effort config-only changes to simplify Geany UI. You could use
as a baseline the Leafpad/Mousepad/Gedit2 features, and then release
the result in the wild. Then I expect that it will be rather
straightforward, with input from Geany devels, users and Mint devels,
to come up with some sort of consensus of what should be kept/added.

But unless someone makes this initial effort, the idea---however
good---will likely rot on the list.

Cheers
Liviu