[Geany-devel] run command in terminal window

Tim Mason feedhandler at xxxxx
Thu Mar 8 14:01:08 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have a couple of simple plugins that open an external console window
(e.g. gnome-terminal or konsole) and run a command. Is there any way
to make the command run in the Terminal window (VTE) instead?

(NB: I experimented with using utils_spawn_sync and open results in an
editor window (similar to the geanyvc plugin) instead of an external
console, but I don't like the way utils_spawn_sync has separate stdout
and stderr streams, it was nicer to keep stdout and stderr together.)

Thanks

Tim