[Geany-devel] Usability fix - saving tab state

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Jul 11 04:59:35 UTC 2012

On 12-07-10 11:20 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:41:46 +0300
> Axel <apeka1990 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I believe there is a usability flaw in Geany - opened documents' list is
>> saved only if you exit the editor in 'traditional' way (by clicking exit
>> button or so). It's completely lost, if the process's killed. This was
>> irritating for me, as I tend not to close every program when shutting down,
>> but rather push the 'shutdown' button and get them all killed - and get the
>> list of opened documents lost.
>
> There is a X11 session management patch on Geany sourceforge patch
> tracker. Applies against 1.22, but not the newest svn. Not guaranteed
> to work under GNOME, they always have problems with session support.
> Won't ask you to save any modified files under Xfce, xfsm is buggy too.

I pushed it to a "sm" branch[1] on the git repo just now. I haven't
really tested it much but it builds and runs fine after a very trivial
fix of the Makefile (and wscript) files.

It might get more usage/testing/experimenting in a branch on the main
repository compared to the sf.net tracker.

[1] https://github.com/geany/geany/tree/sm