[Geany-devel] More Per-Project Configuration Options

Braden Walters meoblast at xxxxx
Mon Jul 9 23:57:20 UTC 2012

Hi. I noticed a problem that affected me back in 0.2x that thankfully is
(mostly) solved in 1.22. When I say mostly, I mean it fixes how the
problem affects me right now, but possibly not for others, and I feel
this may also affect me again eventually. The problem I noticed is that
not all configuration options that may change from project-to-project
are actually settings you can change on a per-project basis. The options
that concern me the most are those that deal with the format of the
saved file (line ending characters, new line at end of file (fixed in
1.22), tabs/spaces (not a problem), file encoding). I'm interested in
the developers' opinions on this.

Someone in IRC also mentioned that if many more options become
configurable per-project, the global application options might be
rendered useless (as project settings will override everything). Perhaps
this could be solved by having a way to reset individual project options
(perhaps a list of all things that have been changed, and a "Reset to
Global" button to reset that individual item so it does not appear in
that project's file).

I'm curious what the core developers' opinion is on this. If it sounds
good, I'd definitely be interested in helping make it possible (although
I don't know the Geany code base, I could learn my way around relevant
parts).