[Geany-devel] Empty project properties dialog

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Jan 13 11:31:01 UTC 2012

[...]
> What if we deprecate the old project create/confirm API altogether, add the
> project preferences dialog to GeanyMainWidgets structure, and just let
> plugins use the "response", "hide" and "show" signals on it as a normal
> GtkDialog?

Sounds fine to my limited understanding.

> This wasn't possible before when the dialog was created/destroyed each time
> since the pointer in the main_widgets global would change all the time, but
> now it'll stay the same right from before `geany-startup-complete` all the
> way until after plugins are unloaded . We could even say with certainty that
> this API *won't ever* change, the project dialog in main_widgets would
> *always* be a (subclass of) GtkDialog and so would only break if GTK+ broke
> this.

But how much of the internal structure of the dialog are you going to document?

Is Jiri expected to find the notebook widget within the dialog or will
it be passed some other way? If from the dialog it needs to be
documented (or at least its name does).