[Geany-devel] Geany-Plugins: MAINTAINERS file

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Jan 6 22:42:39 UTC 2012

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 18:15:32 +0100
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Le 06/01/2012 10:29, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > We have just added a MAINTAINERS into git to add a single point to
> > find who is responsible for a plugin. Please be so kind and sending
> > in patches or updating the file on your own for your plugins to
> > show who is maintaining etc. File contains a little header with
> > very brief instructions to do so.
>
> Oops sorry, I completely forgot to do it myself.  Now done.
>
> Just a few questions:
>
> * What's the exact difference between P and M?  Do we really expect to
> have a maintainer but somebody else that deals with the patches?

Well... maybe the maintainer likes to get the patches sent to a team or
a mailing list.

> * What's the exact difference between Supported and Maintained?  The
> only difference I see is that "supported" has the word "paid" in the
> description, but I doubt that most of us get paid for this in
> particular, and I also doubt it changes anything on how good is the
> support (hobby vs. job).

My fault. I wanted to change this but missed it. I wanted to
s/supported/paid for ... (Even I don't know anybody at the moment who
is getting paid with Geany stuff ;) )

Cheers,
Frank
--