[Geany-devel] Q: how to switch to new Git repo?

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Fri Jan 6 15:52:10 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.  If I can't preserve merges anyway, I'm going to
transfer the sm branch right from my existing local Git repository.
That is,

1. I will fork the main repository and clone it
2. add existing local repository as a remote
3. rebase the sm branch from the remote onto the corresponding commit
   cloned from the fork.

I guess, this should work.

--
Best regards,