[Geany-devel] Patch for Feature Request #3481844

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Feb 26 01:05:39 UTC 2012

On 12-02-25 04:29 PM, Michael Hall wrote:

> On 02/25/2012 06:00 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

>> 2) Is this a general-purpose change or a patch that only should be in
>> Ubuntu? I mean, I don't know of any other distribution using Unity so
>> I'm not 100% sure this should be applied "upstream"...
>>
> To my knowledge Unity has been successfully ported to both ArchLinux and
> OpenSuse, and is in the process of being ported to Fedora as well. It
> may not be as popular outside of Ubuntu, but it does exist in other
> distros, so I'd rather get this upstream where everybody can benefit.

IMO, it's fine to add it as long as it doesn't cause any issues with
non-Unity desktop environments. Have you tested it in
Xfce/KDE/GNOME/etc. by any chance or are you pretty sure it won't harm?