[Geany-devel] Some obsolete(?) bug reports

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 19 16:53:05 UTC 2012

On 19/02/12 16:49, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 19/02/2012 16:42, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
>> Hey guys,

>>> I think this bug is still present if I understand it correctly. The
>>> attached file causes indentation guides to be shown on the blank line
>>> that has no indentation at all.
>>
>> I can't reproduce it here, see attached screenshot.
>> Maybe it's related to some preferences set?
>
> I think you just don't have indent guides enabled ;)

Ah, stupid me.
I confused indentation guides with 'show whitespace'.

Now, I looked a bit deeper into it and the behaviour is correct for the
mode SC_IV_LOOKBOTH which we use for most filetypes (including C),
according to the Scintilla documentation:

"Indentation guides are shown beyond the actual indentation up to the
level of the next non-empty line or previous non-empty line whichever is
the greater."

And now, I also understand my comment on the bug report again :). Though
I could have said this in more detail.
Now done and closed.

If anyone disagrees, just re-open it and put some more info in. If it's
a real issue still, one could make the used indentation guide
configurable per language. Since I don't use, I don't feel like doing it
is necessary but that's just me.