[Geany-devel] Some obsolete(?) bug reports

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Feb 18 01:45:16 UTC 2012

On 18 February 2012 12:13, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 09:42 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:

>>> I don't often use Geany for opening files from the command line and
>>> usually I always have a Geany window open so if I do, it's not an issue,
>>> so I can't really provide a worthwhile opinion here.
>>

>> As the bug report states, opening a file _with your file manager_ or
>> CLI loses the last [default] session [if no geany is running]. The
>> complaints we usually got were "I double-clicked foo.c and lost my
>> session", to which we usually replied "use projects". So this affects
>> the GUI, even more than CLI.

I just taught the file mangler to run geany -c so it never interrupts
what a normal Geany is doing :)

> Yeah, I don't usually do that either. I almost always have an instance of
> Geany running on my 2nd monitor and if not, I'm usually not surprised by the
> behaviour since I do use projects mostly unless I'm just quickly editing a
> file or two.
>

>> Why not have a vote and finally implement or wontfix it? I volunteer to
>> write the preference, as a graphical or vaiouus preference, if we decide
>> "aye".

Since there is no "always right" answer as to how Geany should react
I'd say "wont change" since we have well known documented behaviour
already.