[Geany-devel] get build command from a plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Feb 1 22:42:40 UTC 2012

On 02/01/2012 02:34 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 5:10 AM, Dimitar Zhekov<dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:24:01 +1100

>>> Well, it should be normal practice, thats what HACKING says, I just
>>> forgot to set it with a new clean clone, oops.  Actually you should
>>> add -O2 because a couple of the warnings need the dataflow computation
>>> that the optimisation does.
>>
>> I only listed the warnings, -O2 is a sine qua non (albeit -Os
>> -freorder-blocks is better for some systems).
>>
>>> The semantics of a command (well actually the label) that is "" vs
>>> NULL is important, a "" label hides commands from a lower priority
>>> source without showing itself in the menu, a NULL does not. [...]
>>>
>>> Unfortunately there isn't anthing else besides NULL that is sensible
>>> to return to indicate out of range.
>>
>> So returning "" for COMMAND is possible...
>>
>>> So I've exposed build_get_group_count() as well so you can get the
>>> count and then its your fault if you pass an out of range index :).
>>
>> ...but a count is fine too. :) Let's hope BuildFuncs makes it into
>> the plugin interface, the current lack of build access is weird.
>
> Well, my intention is that when Matthew has tested writing I will add
> it if no other developers object in the meantime.

It will be quite a bit before the Android plugin is at the point to
using this since I have a whole bunch of other stuff to do first to even
get an Android project created and opened.

If you want I could probably write a little test plugin just to see if
it works, but if there's no rush, I'll get this tested in due course
otherwise.

P.S. Thanks for adding the feature, it will save me writing tons of
documentation explaining how to configure Geany to work with the Android
SDK, I can just do it automatically for users now :)