[Geany-Devel] New Plugin: geanydiff

Marcelo Galvão Póvoa marspeoplester at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 17:36:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've been developing a plugin [1] which I find useful (it is also
featured in the wishlist page) and I hope to see it in the
geany-plugins project.

Here are some questions:
1. How do I determine which version to put in PLUGIN_VERSION_CHECK?
2. There is "hidden" feature (explained in the settings panel) when
selecting the current document to perform the diff: it will compare to
the unsaved version. I'm wondering if it is better to relocate this
feature to its own menu.
3. This feature requires me to create a temporary file each time. I
don't remove them because the external diff tool may be using them. Is
this a problem?
4. Keybinding suggestions? The document selection menu is not keyboard friendly.

I would appreciate some feedback to improve the plugin functionality
and interface. Let me hear what you think of it.

[1] https://github.com/marspeople/geany-plugins

Regards,
Marcelo