[Geany-devel] Future of GeanyGDB - [was: Geany Plugins Warnings (again)]

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Oct 31 09:56:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 16:01:22 +0100
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 28.10.2011, 16:46 -0700 schrieb Matthew Brush:
> > > 1)
> > >
> > > There are guys out there who write C code and may use debugging
> > > plugins from within Geany. There are at least two alternative
> > > plugins which would do the job. I'd love to know your honest
> > > opinion which one you actually prefer.
> > >

> > I think there's only the Debugger plugin as an alternative, no?
>
> I think I remember some other stuff as well, but this was quite long
> ago and I couldn't find those ad-hoc.
>
> The Debugger plugin looks quite better than GeanyGDB at a first quick
> view (I didn't had a chance to look deeper into it before).
>
> > > 2)
> > >
> > > Wasn't it discussed before that we maybe remove GeanyGDB after
> > > the 0.21 release? - I'm not sure about this and to lazy to
> > > investigate for the mails. :)
> >
> > I'd say if the Debugger plugin is in good enough shape, it would be
> > ok to remove GeanyGDB.  I guess we should see how many people use
> > it though and ask them if they'd like to maintain it (ex. on the
> > general geany list).
> Let's start a poll somewhere.. :)

I think just doing here on list is fine.
I'd say deprecate geanyGDB and check whether some features might are
missing from inside Debugger. Once the list is empty, we can remove it
from source tree.

Cheers,
Frank

--