[Geany-devel] Geany Plugins Warnings (again)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Oct 28 23:02:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I know Frank has asked a few times for people to clean up the build
warnings for their plugins.  There's still *way* too many warnings.

I quickly went through all the warnings and "fixed" them.  I just did
the quick/obvious fixes and didn't test anything.  I can almost
guarantee that at least a few of the "fixes" aren't correct and will
cause problems with the plugins.

Attached are all the patches that fix the warnings.  If the plugins
developer(s) could each look at their respective patches and review them
and either apply and thoroughly test their plugins or ignore them and
otherwise fix the warnings, that would be great.

The only plugin with non-trivial (by way of quantity) warnings to fix
was GeanyGDB.  I don't know if this is maintained any more or if it's
needed with having the Debugger plugin, but if it is, the author(s)
should go through and fix all their `const` usage themselves.  The
attached patch for GeanyGDB only fixes a few usages but exposes much
more warnings, so it might be of little use.

In the Treebrowser I did a little more than fix the warnings since there
were some weird logic and memory issues.  Again, I can't guarantee I've
fixed them, but it should give some ideas.

For the Gendoc plugin, I'm not sure if the warnings are false positives
or not, if so, ignore the patch for that.

Just to reiterate *none of the fixes were tested*, so don't just blindly
apply the patches but rather use them as motivation to fix your plugin
properly.