[Geany-devel] question, webhelper plugin on windows xp

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Sun Oct 23 21:21:22 UTC 2011

Jérôme Andanson wrote:

>>> Another question will be is it possible to have two times the
>>> plugin,like two tab ? (two can be>2 but 2 is good)
>[...]
>I know my request is a little bit strange. the case is developing a
>website with a manager part and a public part. for switch from the first
>to the second, two view will be more pratical. the first 'bad' thing
>come in my head was just compile the plugin with a different name so i
>can have twice.

I think you would find it best to work in either Firefox with the
Firebug[1] and Web Developer[2] extensions, or Google Chrome with its
developer tools. There you could easily have two tabs open and viewing
what actually goes to the browser, with good developer inspection tools.
If you have two screens, all the better because you can have the whole
page in view on one screen whilst inspecting elements, CSS and scripts
on the other screen.

Opera has reasonable developer tools too, called Dragonfly[3], but I've
always found it a little clunky compared to Firebug... but it does let
you remote-debug Opera Mobile :)

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/
[2] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/
[3] http://www.opera.com/dragonfly/
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water;