[Geany-devel] gtkbuilder branch and ui_lookup_widget functions

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Oct 19 07:47:25 UTC 2011

On 11-10-17 05:22 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
> I'm a bit concerned about the changed ui_lookup_widget (and hookup)
> functions - these are in the plugin API and can be used independently
> from Glade. (plugin) API function behaviour should not normally change,
> but it seems the owner parameter is now ignored. If we are caching
> lookups this is probably wrong as the widget may get destroyed.
>
> I haven't looked at the new implementation but perhaps you could help
> explain the changes.

OK!  I got this more or less fixed up and working like it used to.  The
one exception is some items from the editor menu and maybe a few other
menu items.  I think it's related to some hackery somewhere in the
existing code that moving around menu items to share the same widgets in
more than one menu.

I'm hoping someone more familiar with this part of the code can help me
out here.

You can see the changes here:

https://github.com/codebrainz/geany/commits/gtkbuilder2/

There's still a few FIXME's and it needs to be cleaned up, but if you
don't mind having a look to see if overall this is fixing the issues you
raised.